Sperry Gyrocompass Navigat X MK1
With a watchful eye on the demands made on navigation and ship control technology emerging from
the 21st century, Sperry Marine has created a new generation of advanced marine gyrocompasses:
the NAVIGAT X MK 1 Digital Gyrocompass System.
The first of its type to be designed as a single unit and of unparalleled compactness in a
polyurethane hard foam housing,is of low weight and allows this gyrocompass to be installed
on any bridge, from large yachts to the most capacious merchant marine vessels.
• Comprises one single unit.
• Control and display unit in front cover with 4-digit heading display and 6 operating keys.
• Easy to install and easy to service.
• High-speed follow-up system 100°/sec.
• Type approved rate-of-turn output.
• Automatic static north speed error correction.
• Highly accurate digital heading data transmission by shaft encoder.
• Self-synchronizing repeater compasses.
• ±180° electronic alignment error correction in setup program.
• Can be installed at any location.
• Will drive a maximum of 12 analogue repeaters.
• 180° heading offset function for shuttle vessels.
• 7 independent serial outputs RS 422 & IEC 61162-1 and IEC 61162-2.
• 2 independent 6 steps/° heading outputs (0.5 A).
• Complies with IMO regulations A.424(IX), A.694(17),A.821(19) - HSC (High-Speed Craft) and ISO 8728.
• Outputs to Navigation Data Printer:
- Heading source gyro/magnetic
- Rudder angles of two independent rudders.
• Complies with NAUT-AW.
• Insensitive to horizontal acceleration.
• Twin rotors and liquid damping system eliminates latitude error.
• High MTBF (mean time between failures) and low power consumption.
All repeater compasses with serial interface.
• Automatic emergency power changeover and status alarm.
• Gyro system remains north stabilized during power interruptions of up to 3 minutes.
• Single point suspension of the gyrosphere container eliminates the well-known adverse effects
associated with gimbals.
• Monitoring and alarm functions for all voltages, gyroscope current and follow-up system.
The unique method of supporting the well-proven Sperry Marine gyrosphere by means of mere buoyancy
ensures north stabilization during short power failures.
Linear mean settle point error < 0.1° secant latitude
Static error < 0.1° secant latitude
Dynamic error < 0.4° secant latitude
(in sea state conditions)
Performance in accordance with IMO A.694(17),
IMO A.821(19), ISO 8728 and ISO 16328(2001)
24 VDC (18 V to 36 V) and/or 115/230 VAC ±10% 50 Hz / 60 Hz
The single-unit gyrocompass includes automatic switchover to 24 V emergency power supply in
accordance with GMDSS Rules for INMARSAT/SES Terminals.
Ambient temperature range operation -10°C to +55°C
storage -25°C to +70°C
(without supporting fluid)
Settling time ≤ 3 hours (0.7°)
Gyrocompass follow-up rate 100°/sec.
Heading display digital with 4 digits
Power failure alarm visible and audible and potential-free contact,
max. 30 VDC / 1.0 A,
max. 125 VAC / 0.5 A
Mean time between failure 40 000 hours (MTBF)
North speed error correction: static, input IEC 61162-1, or manual.
Built-in test equipment standard
Sperry Gyrocompass, Navigat X, MK1
- Brand: Sperry Marine
- Product Code: CPNAVIGATMK1
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: $0.00